Saturday, July 17, 2010

Another "HIGH"

Yet another PEAK conquered.

It must not be a very big thing for many but for me it is an accomplishment. I always undermined myself thinking that I am not
cut out for such a task. But today it feels so nice to have successfully completed yet another trek. This is probably just a small
example of will-power. I decided I wanted to and I did it, just a little training and the attitude"I can do it!" took me through.Its so truly said - "Its not the aptitude but your attitude that decides altitude in life". And I cannot believe I actually enjoy trekking now. There is this inexplicable content when you reach your destination.The breathtakingly beautiful view from the top does justice to the journey. I truly felt as if I rule this world. You are literally at the top of this world when you reach the highest point. I admit that it gets a bit intimidating at times but just as a fellow trekker said "Trust" nothing is going to get wrong. And yes I trusted and up I went. For details we have been going trekking since the past two weekends now. Our first trek was to purandar fort. An amazing trek, though a little rough terrain yet one is left awestruck with the beauty. It was like walking in the clouds, above them to be exact. Heavenly beautiful. The next trek was to Tikona fort, again built by Shivaji, not that challenging but a steep trek. At a point there is this stretch of 200-300 steep steps. You actually have to sit in order to reach the next step. A wonderful experience. One feels so close to nature, lush green tress and grass all around, a soothing breeze, not so soothing sun at times, clouds, rains , rough terrain, completely natural untouched by urbanization, and yes wonderful company. What more can I ask for on a weekend. I loved it. And I am so proud of myself for outgrowing the fear of mine.Thanks to my mates who helped me overcome it.

1 comment:

  1. Inspiring and yes v had a gr8 time together today..though mine was d 1st time but m sure next time will b fast and enjoy at fullest...:-) thanx for ur company!!

    ReplyDelete