Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"The Unknown"

Last night when I slept
I opened my eyes wide
All I could see..
Was me sitting, right by my beside
I held my hand..
And walked on the sand..
No footprints to follow…was my first time
To walk with me and only me..I thought would be no crime
The wind naive, didn’t know to blow
The dark night had no way to show..
I could crawl, I could walk… I ran
I couldn’t hold my hand…

Like a snap..it was gone
The hand left me alone
No way to go back….just had to go on..
Stuck I was..in my thoughts..
When I knew I didn’t have to think
I could have walked straight or just stopped ..
But I waited for the kink
Then I felt some soul beside....in my ear it hummed,
It was of a stranger but didn't seem unknown
I hesitated, i contemplated, stood there stoned,
I noticed, through the darkness its aura shone,




Not weak to stop,not strong to move..
With the end of road…I had nothing left to prove
The sea was silent just as were we,
He was just staring and didn't say a word to me,
Yet I understood it all,Never had i felt this before,
I felt some inexplicable content, standing at that shore,

My eyes met his,
All thorough out i had waited for a moment like this,
He held my hand...
and walked on the sand....
Our footprints followed us...Was our first time
To walk with him and only him i knew was no crime
The wind in rhythm blew so soft,
The bright light dawn had brought...
I could  crawl, I could walk.. I ran
In his hand he held my hand...

I closed my eyes…and I woke up..
I wish I could sleep that again…

No comments:

Post a Comment